Dennis Heppner grew up in Canada and was called to ministry as a young boy. Dennis and his wife Denie, who was also called to missions as a child, pastored four churches in Canada, but in 1987 the door opened to come to the Philippines as missionaries. They brought their 4 eldest children with them and the kids grew up there. In 2006 they adopted Emma Rose, a special Filipino treasure and a gift from God to their family.
Here are some lessons I have learned over the course of my life and ministry.
I hope they can be an encouragement to you.
- Life is not always fair
- You will have to let go of the past before you can move on
- Love is always a choice
- You will always reap what you sow in every area of life
- There is a God who always loves us
- Luck is usually on the side of those who work hard
- I am not perfect
- The Bible is right all the time
- I will give an account of my life to God
- Miracles still happen today